Sunday, March 20, 2016

Updates



Screenshots from Neko Atsume.  Even in my brief time, I collected several "Rare Cats:"
Peaches, Joe DiMeowgio, and Senor Don Gato.  And a rude butt cat, but that wasn't rare.
Since the marathon, SMS and I have been staying more local which is fun and restful but not very exciting for the blog.  Since I usually write about our travels, I sort of fall off the map when things aren't as "eventful."  But here are some updates, bullet-style...

* I've run three times since the marathon: a tempo run (excellent), 3.5 miles with the Mountain View Running Club (MVRC- fun!), 14.5 miles (ok).  I wasn't sure how I was going to approach post-marathon running and there seem to be many opinions on the best post-race plan.  I ended up going with the "Run when I feel like running" plan.  I kept Jyots company on two runs and we both went to the MVRC two weeks in a row.  I really like the social aspect of the MVRC run so I will keep that up.  I'm not sure where I want to keep my long run mileage.   Anyway, zzzzzz....  Boring!  I have almost fallen asleep typing this so I'm going to move on.  Here's a funny article about hating on marathon runners before you go.
Faceplant.  This is how Snowball feels about having
5 pages of a dedicated photo album to her.
*I have had the rise and fall of Neko Atsume on my phone.  I read about it in the NYTimes, which definitely means I've already missed the trend by at least six months.  Nevertheless, I downloaded it on my phone and became weirdly obsessed with gold fish, silver fish, and that chubby chubster Tubbs who kept eating all the food.  In fairness to Tubbs, he usually left more fish than the food cost but the times he didn't- infuriating.  Tubbs, you did not just leave 20 silver fish for a 3 gold fish can of Ritzy Bitz!!!! And that was when I realized that I was becoming a little weird about the game and spending way to much time tapping on my screen like a little lab animal.  So, away it went.  But not before I bought the room expansion (proud moment!).
Tubbs, oh tubby tub Tubbs.  Other rare cats include Ms. Fortune, Guy Furry and Ramses the Great.
*Our Chinese class is over!  Yay!  SMS and I saw our commitment through and had perfect attendance (Mom and Dad, you raised me well!).  Chinese is very difficult and the pronunciation, combined with the tones, really takes a lot of dedicated practice and perseverance.  We've decided we're not super-interested in pursuing it so for now, my mastery of the Chinese language is decidedly on hold.
Beginning of the party, clearly.
 *We had a really nice dinner with friends last night where we drank fancy California wine and ate Buddha bowls with veg and paleo options.  The base is rice (real or fake no-carb "rice), lots of veggies (carrots, red cabbage, beets, sweet potatoes) and a protein (peanut sauce tofu or coconut amino-flavored chicken).  It was all delicious and we got to use SMS' new decanter while he looked on, barely partaking since he sort of wrecked himself climbing like a maniac earlier in the day and was completely wiped out.



*Silicon Valley is crazy.  We were talking about a package offered by a local hotel for $9,995 that is completely insane since it mostly features things that are free.  I want to do most of the activities but I'll do it on my own rather than place my money carefully on their concierge's counter and then set it on fire.  I have figured out a way to make money though- we are going to rent our little cardboard home on AirBnB.  The listing is almost complete.  I just need to get better pictures!
It has a certain j'ne sais quoi, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment