Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mountain View Weekend

Picchetti Barn
After so much travel the weekend before, SMS and I were pretty mellow this weekend.  The weekend started off early on Thursday with an elongated Happy Hour(s) with two of our friends at Shellshock.  We had a few drinks and delicious food, including many oysters.  And ok, ok, we had mac 'n' cheese balls which were so tasty and totally J's fault for ordering them!

Friday was a mellow day at work and that night, SMS and I went to Blue Line Pizza.  We got the deep dish pizza and it was tasty.  I think I'll eat deep dish pizza about once a year because it is a heavy meal, even when I don't eat all that much of it.  SMS and I didn't even make it through a shared small although never fear, given how dense the dish is, we still had plenty of food.  Then, we headed over to Shellshock for dessert- a strawberry ice cream with puffed pastry delights called the Marilyn Monroe.

The next morning, all my carb loading paid off because it was time for our long run.  J and I ran for 16 miles and even though it was slower than before my injury, I think I'll catch up pretty soon to my projected timeline.  I was pretty sore afterwards but I'm just so happy to be back, I don't even care!

Saturday evening, SMS and I went to downtown Palo Alto to go furniture shopping (crazy and wild Saturday night!).  We at dinner at Curry Up Now and had some delicious takes on Indian street food.  I had some chaat and SMS had a roti burrito-style dish.  Yum!

A lot of coordination goes into a pony ride
Sunday was a rest day and SMS and I were lazy in the morning.  He even brought me coffee in bed *swoon!*  I finally got out of bed and we did some yoga to get our stretch on.  Then we headed out to Cooper-Garrod winery to meet up with A, J and their cute little son Ish who went on a pony ride like a champ!  We hung out for a bit and then we all headed over to Picchetti winery, which has the most beautiful picnic grounds.  It was drizzly so we couldn't take full advantage of it but we'll be back!  I'd also like to go on a hike from there since there are several trailheads.  Since we didn't go on a hike, I chased chickens with my new best buddy Ish who now thinks I'm the coolest adult he knows (poor delusional little kid!).

This is a chicken.

Supposedly, this is not a chicken.
Our elusive prey!

No comments:

Post a Comment