Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ka-PEW!

Bang, bang!  Guess who's an EXPERT in the pistol and rifle qualifications?!?!?   Me!  I am so excited! My boss felt very strongly that all graduating chiefs should have weapons experience so he generously picked up the tab for some kick-ass instruction by the awesome Kurt!  My previous rifle experience was in Norfolk, VA and it wasn't a very good one.  There was no instruction, only a safety brief and when I didn't qualify, well, how was that a surprise?  But since I'm really competitive, I felt badly and swore off ever wanting to shoot again.  But my boss was very persistent and well, he's my boss, so I went yesterday.

SMS likes to imitate me by saying, "I'm not competitive, I just like to win."  Yesterday, I learned how to sight with the pistol and rifle and it was so much fun.  The pistol was easy.  The rifle was a lot harder.  The sight was supposed to line up with the target in a "perfect lollipop," which is hard to do with the sway I had in the stand and prone position.  I can't wait to upload my targets but in my excitement, I forgot them!  Fortunately, Dr. J picked them up for me.  All I know is, my first child's name will now be Berreta, boy or girl.  (Ha, ha I just had to look up how to spell it since my tastes lean more towards Burrata then Berreta!)

Today is my unaccompanied baggage move.  So, I'm sticking around the house for the "time window" of 8-5.  Geez, thanks for that.  But I am grateful to get some of my stuff over there since the rest of it won't be there until October now that my move is so late thanks to missing DEA paperwork!  The pack-out is 3 Sept and I'll already be gone but SMS and I got a POA for him so we're all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment