Thursday, May 16, 2013

Winding down in San Diego...


I’m leaving San Diego in about 3 months.  It’s sad/exciting to write that.  It’s amazing that a five year period of my life is so neatly packaged and now it’s (almost) over.  Aug 13, 2008- brand new resident, Aug 9, 2013- board-eligible Navy otolaryngologist.  Woo-hoo!  I definitely feel ready but there are a few things I’d like to do in San Diego before I go:

*Bonfire on the beach  (5/25)
*Del Mar Fair (didn't happen this year but I went two years ago so it's been done)
*Del Mar Races (opening day baby!)
*Eat at Hodads (5/17 at the ballpark)
*Stand-up Paddle Boarding (5/30 Fiddler's Cove)
*Brunch and Bike on the 101 with SMS (our first date!)
*Dinner at the Marine Room
*Dinner at Oceanaire, or at least Baked Alaska!
*Lunch at Kitchen 4041 (6/5)
*Dim Sum in Kearny Mesa
*Ray at Night (not going to happen!  Second Saturday of the month and 7/13 is M&M's party and 8/10 is Marissa's wedding)
*Hillcrest Farmer’s Market
*Little Italy Farmer’s Market (6/8!, 6/22, 6/29)
*Shakespeare Festival show (7/23 R&G Are Dead)
*Show at La Jolla Playhouse
*Picnic at the Gliderport
*Hang out at Altitude
[ADDED 7/1]
*Thanksgiving sandwich at Big Front Door (It was good, not great)
*Meal at the Carnitas Shack
*Free Tuesday Museums in Balboa Park (Science Museum)

Here's a great article I found on the different neighborhoods of San Diego.  There are a few more restaurants in the article that I'd like to hit up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment