Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mercy!


Woo-hoo! After keeping my fingers crossed, I heard this week that I will be able to go on the USNS Mercy this Summer for 6 weeks. Yay, yay, yay! While I still need to get all of my paperwork in order and there could be a possible unforeseen snag somewhere along the way, it's looking pretty good that I will get to do surgery and run ENT clinic in Indonesia and the Philapines. Maybe I'll even become a shellback! I bought my uniforms last night. I had to buy two pairs of coveralls- I didn't keep mine from the Kitty Hawk- and a pair of NWUs. I'm planning on wearing the coveralls on the ship since I think they're much more comfortable.

While I'll miss a few things that I was looking forward to like Mom and Dad visiting San Diego and my 10th (!) Williams College Reunion, this is an opportunity I do not want to pass up. International work is something that I've always wanted to do and now everything has lined up for this to happen! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment