Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun weekend!

This past weekend was the funnest! And while "funnest" might not technically be a word and some might even find it annoying, it apparently isn't as annoying as "kewlest" to some folks. That word sparks vitriol although I think it's hilarious. Oh, well. Tastemaker I'm not.

ANYway! I had so much fun this past weekend. On Friday, I watched "The Big Labowski" which I saw at some point during high school. I don't get the cult-classic appeal but there were some excellent lines. "I'm calmer than you...I just want to point out I'm calmer than you." In addition, I'm firmly on the side of hating the Eagles so I definitely appreciated the scene where the Dude gets thrown out of a cab for expressing the same opinion.

On Saturday, I had a pretty mellow day but then got called up by a friend to go out to "The Steamery." I love seafood! Too bad I misheard. But I loved the other place too, a very chi chi club called Stingeree here in SD. It's totally not my normal scene but the DJ was really good and we had our own table so much dancing ensued. Well, actually, not tons but it was a lot of fun.

I got home at 3 and guess what I had committed to prior to accepting the invite out on Saturday? A 10-miler starting at 9. I woke up and felt great so I went for it. I caught up with my friend Amanda whom I hadn't seen in awhile. We ran the entire Mission/Pacific Beach boardwalk continuing into Wind N'Sea and back. Then I went back home and crashed. It was a 3 hour nap and I woke up with a sleep hangover. It felt luxurious! Then, I went out to Neighborhood for dinner. I was STARVING since I slept through lunch. While the Black Bean Burger was pretty good, the sweet potato fries were STELLAR. OMG, so good.

Then, Jenny and I went to The National concert at Spreckel's Theater. They put on a great, energetic 2 hour show. The opening band wasn't bad and I really had a fun time. I would have preferred a Friday or Saturday night concert but it was worth staying out late on a school night!

The National's Setlist
* Start a War
* Mistaken for Strangers
* Anyone's Ghost
* Bloodbuzz Ohio
* Afraid of Everyone
* Secret Meeting
* Slow Show
* Squalor Victoria
* All the Wine
* Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
* Little Faith
* Conversation 16
* Apartment Story
* Daughters of the Soho Riots
* Abel
* Sorrow
* England
* Fake Empire
* Runaway
* Lemonworld
* Mr. November
* Terrible Love
* About Today

No comments:

Post a Comment