Saturday, February 14, 2009

Laryngitis!

I feel like the biggest lame-o. I have laryngitis. I've never lost my voice in my life, although I have to admit I tried my hardest around 6th grade-ish because I thought it would be "cool." On Thursday, I steadily lost my voice until it was gone, with the exception of the occasional squeak. Really now, an ENT resident loses her voice. How ridiculous is that? Shouldn't I have some sort of magical power to fix my ailment? The answer: no.

Things are going well otherwise. The inservice exam is on the 6th so I'm studying hard for that. It's an 8 (eight!) hour standardized test given annually to ENT interns and residents as yet another gauge to see how awesome/terrible a person is. Much scorn or praise given in the next year is based on the exam results. So, yes, I'm studying away.

I'm also finally getting my stuff on the 27th! Hooray! I am so excited. Last week, my place was still a disaster area but I shamed myself into cleaning it up after I brought Jenny in to show her my deck. We had brunch at Hash House a go go that morning and it was delicious! I highly recommend it as a breakfast spot. We split a chocolate macadamia nut pancake (amazing! And 12 inches around and no, we didn't finish it) and a homemade hash that was pretty good- sun dried tomatoes, potatoes and ham. I'm still a total fan of the traditional hash and eggs that my Mom makes though (Hi Mom! Kisses!).

No comments:

Post a Comment