Saturday, February 21, 2009

Arcade Fire!

I am so excited! Arcade Fire is kicking off their Spring tour in San Diego on 26 April! I'm definitely going to see them and thus, heal the raw, vicious wound that has hurt my heart since last year.


You see, I love Arcade Fire. I love quirky bands with lots of instruments and a lot of AF's songs are awesome-o. They were playing in Tokyo last February and I went to see them. I would have been fine going by myself, but I thought it would be fun to go in a group. But two of my friends were late (I found out later they were actually a secret couple for months so I'm guessing they were making out, which I can hardly begrudge them for), which I was fine with because really, do concerts ever start on time?


Yes. They do. In Japan (of course).


So, we only saw TWO songs after a ridiculous trip with many subway switches and one memorable walk along an expressway until we decided that it was definitely not.the.way. I was very sad. And a little mad. Not so much at my friends, but at that completely non-rockability of the whole thing. A concert that starts on time? No opening act? A band that only plays for a hour and a half with a BREAK!?!?!?! (I have been spoiled by Springsteen, a 50+ year old who goes for at least two and a half hours).


But, Arcade Fire, I have forgiveness in my heart and now I'm so EXCITED to see you in San Diego.


And yes, I will be on time. Although it will likely not start on time here. Things are way less prompt here in the States, which is more consistent with my nature. When I first came back though, I would be completely bewildered- "Where's the bus? The timetable says it should be here now and it's NOT." Timeliness is not something to mess around with in Japan and here? Well, maybe it's just a little more mellow in California. But Arcade Fire is Canadian (actually Quebecois if I remember right) so really, all bets are off.


P.S. I finally added photos from my San Francisco trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment