Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Yay, January 1st! I love the New Year. I love the opportunity to reflect on things, at least until I get distracted by something. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm sleeeeeee-py! I like to think about new resolutions and how much potential the New Year has. And I get to do it twice a year: once on 1 Jan and again in August when the new residency year starts.

Last night, I went to a party in downtown San Diego, which is not my normal scene but was an awesome, over-the-top party that felt very "New Year's-ish." I went with the nurse from the clinic and her sister and had so much fun. Champagne in the room, dancing downstairs and best of all, room service breakfast. I think anytime I'm at a hotel for a special occasion, I will order room service breakfast; it is that awesome. It was so decadent and fun. And pretty tasty!

So, today, I've been a little bit lazy. The highlight of my day was talking to my sister on the phone. She's off to Switzerland. So exciting! I think overseas adventures are the best and we decided to continue our tradition of visiting each other in places we live. I saw her in Spain, she came to Japan, and sometime in 2009, I'll head over to Switzerland. I'm not sure when, but it'll happen. For now, the only travel plans I have are San Francisco next weekend for a facial fracture plating course and a trip back East in February. Oh, and Colorado in July for an allergy course. I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment