Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sayonara!

And...I'm outta here! It's been an awesome, less-than-a-year in Japan but I'm so excited for what lies ahead. Although I'll probably scoff at those words in a few months once I'm fully immersed in the bleariness of residency sleep deprivation. Things are newly up in the air (of course) after a fire on the G-Dub, but there's no sense in worrying about things now. It'll take a week before any real news comes through about how the KH may be affected. So, I don't even have my fingers crossed right now because in the grand scheme of things, my lil' residency plans are pretty puny on the importance scale. I mean, except to me, but it's only on my blog that I'm the star of the show!

I wrapped up my time in Japan with a duty day, followed by a trip to Nikko and Tokyo. Yesterday was a crazy busy day, but I have now crossed off everything I wanted to do in Japan. After all, I even got to eat at Pepper Lunch, under the JR train tracks in Shibuya! It's a punch-button menu place where you hand in your ticket and get a plate of whatever raw beef you ordered that cooks in about 30 seconds flat in the hottest cast iron skillet known to man.

Thanks for reading. I'm planning on continuing my writing because it's a nice little outlet. If I become too boring during residency, please let me know. Then I'll start making stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment