Saturday, February 16, 2008

Smooth as butter!

I've been mixing up a lot of cliches lately, so I didn't know if I should say "Smooth as silk" but regardless, picking up Laddie and Ed went very well. Like, they-walked-out-of-customs-and-I-was-standing-right-there well. So, hooray! I am capable of picking people up at the airport.

Laddie and Ed were actually seat mates, which was nice for them. Laddie had the window and Ed had the aisle since they were in a 2-5-2 seated plane. They had to get Ed's original guy to move, who was gracious enough to sit down next to a very bitter woman. Who apparently was quite a sourpuss even before she knew she wouldn't get to sit next to Laddie after all.

Today, Brady, Karen, and I moved slightly slowly out the door (by 10!) and went to the Sumo Stadium (Ryogoku) to look for my camera which I had misplaced after one too many Sapporo tall boys. While I have a rather poor feeling about my camera, it ended up that we showed up on the day a professional sumo wrestler was set to retire. So we saw a bunch of sumo wrestlers and a 1 hour, 45 minute hair-cutting ceremony that ended with the severing of the wrestler's top knot. It was awesome to have seen sumo wrestling. That's one of things I love about Japan- stumbling upon things I never knew were there, mostly because of the language barrier. While the barrier can be quite inconvenient at times, it definitely gives a sense of adventure to otherwise routine outings. We were going to go to the Tokyo-Edo museum and Asakusa. Probably won't get to the museum this trip, but we're going to Asakusa tomorrow.

Trip to Japan Qoute of the Day #2
"Tierney, is your toilet from the future? There are so many buttons!" -Ed

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time so far. Was your camera there waiting for you?

    ReplyDelete