Thursday, January 31, 2008

Drugged up

Sometimes, I think about all the lovely drugs I prescribe and how wonderful (I think) I make people feel. Ambien? Please. Narcs? Only if you need them, sweetie. Flexeril? Make those tension headaches go away *poof*

But now, I am blogging, passing time until a Girls' Dinner and feeling completely drowsy on Benedryl. I was so ITCHY earlier today, which is really a terrible feeling. I tell myself, "Don't scratch, you're only starting a vicious cycl- AUGH I can't take it anymore!!!!" (Proceed with scratching).

And what's worse, it's my hands that itch. It is very difficult to scratch hands. They are bony and really, are supposed to be the scratchers and not the scratchees.

I think I am allergic to the ship's apples, as that's really the only thing that's been different in my life the past few days. Oh, yes, I don't mind waiting while you recover from passing out due to the excitement that is My.Life.

Even when I don't feel itchy, I do have a problem with itchy being contagious. Without fail, whenever I have a patient with a rash, I invariably feel the urge to give my arm a little scratch at some point during the patient interview.

Ok, off to dinner. Italian in Japan. Totally awesome. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep in my plate.

BTW, the "girls?" Actually, all accomplished women- a surgeon, a dentist and a CRNA. But still, "Women's Night Out" seems a little Tom Cruise. "It's Kate, not Katie. She's a WO-man."

No comments:

Post a Comment